Intergrated tube and A/V share 1 set speakers???

Username: Ltcolumbo

Post Number: 2
In an effort to save some money, I'd like to share one (1)set of speakers between my Yamaha RX-V450 A/V amp and a Intergrated tube Amp I'm using for music. I presently have the speakers connected directly to the Intergrated tube Amp.I also have audio out on the Yamaha going into the tube amp for the FM reciever.

Question: Is there a practical, safe way of doing this? Is there a good (not terribly expensive) switch I can use for this purpose.

I'd like to just be able to flip a switch...flip- A/V uses speakers... flip again- now Intergrated Tube uses speakers.

Possibe??? Help.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
You can buy a simple switch at most electronic supply shops. If your tube amp has tube outputs (as opposed to tube front end-transistor outputs) you want to make certain the tubes are turned off when you have the speakers disconnected. Tubes should never be allowed to run with no load on their outputs, they will self distruct. If it were me, I would go with banana plugs and make a physical change over so you never accidentally ran the tubes unloaded.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us