Strange problem NAD C541i

Username: Motherone

RingkobingDenmark

Post Number: 1
Hi everybody.. just found this place, and im looking forward to learn a lot of new stuff.. looking promising already..

First off I like to thank John A for helping me on my T760 (by email). Just wanted everyone to know... he's a cool guy :-)

Here's the deal... not to flame on the NAD discussion... I've just bought a used C541i. I've noticed a strange thing... On one CD (brand new one) the sound started to kinda distort more and more, and at the end of the CD it was very bad. Sounded like digital distortion.. a little like a FM reciever with bad signal.. a choppy "rsch" thing.

I though that player needed to be adjusted, but then I tested the Digital out and there was no noise there! Only on analog!

What can it be?

Listened to other CDs, and I haven't noticed it on anything else. The "noisy" CD is very bass heavy (Roots - Things Fall Apart), most of my collection is jazz, so wondering if the problem is bass related? What do I know... or heat maybe? What do you think?

Thanks...

RingkobingDenmark

Post Number: 2
Heard the noise on other CDs now... not only the roots CD... hmm...

RingkobingDenmark

Post Number: 3
Testet a bit, and the fault must be in the CD players DAC. Well..

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 1612
Just to say thanks, Johannes. We T760 owners need to stick together. I still think it is very much to NAD's credit that they bother and help an owner of an ex-model. No-one at any stage said "throw it away and buy a new one". The replacement parts cost almost nothing, and mine is now good as new.

I don't know about the C541i. If it is always on analogue out, never digital, it does sound like it is the player's DAC, or processor. I have an older Marantz CD player which is the opposite: it gives nice analogue but nothing seem to come out of the co-ax digital socket. I am not bothered, it is "academic"; I am just interested to know whether it is a fault, and, if so, with what.

Silver Member
Username: Valeem

Post Number: 112
The c541i is not that old that it may still be under warranty. I think in some regions (or maybe all) NAD give a two year warranty. If your player is still under warranty I would not hesitate in contacting either your dealer or NAD direct.

Silver Member
Username: Valeem

Post Number: 113
Oops! you did say you have a used player. Reminder to myself - read posts more carefully!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us