Try to connect my old av receiver to my pc

Username: Shahnawazk

Post Number: 1
Hi
I want to make a home theater system based on my computer. Ive got an old av receiver(pioneer VSX D503S) from my uncle without user manual. I want to hookup the receiver with my PC sound card(creative SB titanium fatality X-Fi). I couldn't figure out what type of cable I should use for this connection. Here is the rear side of the receiver. Please let me know how to connect them together!!
Thanks!
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 875
I don't know?
The receiver may still technically function, and even be close to original design intent, but I see it has virtually none of the modern connectors. All the video outs are composit, not even component or, God Forbid, HDMI.....
BTW, this receiver doesn't even pretend to support HD video.
So.....
Compatibility with new stuff is ZERO. I don't even see a sub out. If you can output from the sound card to RCA, you can plug into any of the hi-level inputs....I'd personally use the CD inputs. You may be able to get stereo in the way. Also, as if it matters, this receiver will not be happy with low impedance, in this case less than 8ohm speakers.

The way it reads, your uncle doesn't have a user manual!

The computer sound experts may have another view, but I don't see much coming from this project.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2998
I agree with Leo. The only thing your going to be able to do is two channel audio with this receiver. Also, does your sound card have coax or optical out? For true surround sound? If not, you will have to pick up a AVR with 5.1 analog in and run mini jack to RCA adapters via RCA cables to the 5.1 analog in on a AVR for surround sound. Either way, this receiver your uncle gave you will not accomplish any of this. The only thing is to run it for two channel and perhaps the receiver has a software based surround sound mode? Dunno.

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1074
Get one of these and, as stated above, enjoy listening to MP3's in stereo.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021804 &p_id=5598&seq=1&format=1#largeimage
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us