"Plug" connector for speaker wire

Username: Eddiwill

Post Number: 3
I have a Rio HT2030 HTiB that I really like (it's my first, system, so I know one day I'll look back and chuckle...). I have replaced all the speakers that came with the system and the sound is much better. However, I would love to use better gauge wire but the unit has these weird connectors for attaching the speakers. They are little plastic rectangles with 2 holes that plug into the unit into little slots with two posts. The other end (going to the speaker) is regular ol' bare wire, which is fine,

Can these "connectors" be removed or purchased somewhere and placed on better wire? Anyone know what they are called?

Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Nealm

Post Number: 23
as long as the connection is still made it shouldnt hurt anything. i think they are called female disconnects.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
You probably have a DIN speaker connector. Bang & Olufsen used to use these connectors for their speakers and still might be using them. A DIN speaker connector has one flat pin on top and a round pin in the center. If this is the connector you have you can get one from a B&O dealer or repair center. The reapir center for your piece of equipment can also probably order these connectors. Check who repairs that brand and give them a call.
The problem is the DIN connector will only accept a rather thin gauge of wire. Anything beyond 16-18 AWG will not fit the connection posts and will possibly short out your amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us