Sub woofer output Harmon Kardon AVR 110


I have my walls prewired for surround sound. I want to utilized the sub woofer output on the AVR 110 from HK. Do I use an RCA plug and splice it to the wire I have running through the wall for the Sub woofer? For aesthetic reasons I put the sub 20 feet from the receiver location. This is a mono output right?


You must have the same electrician I have! LOL! I could not believe that for a subwoofer cable he ran a simple speaker wire through the walls!

No, it doesn't work, because the signal from the subwoofer output is too low (it is a line-level signal) and it needs a shielded cable, especially for a run of any real length (In my house it is 15', which is way too long). Your 20' length is even worse.

See if you can use the wire he laid as a fish wire to pull a good subwoofer cable through the wall.

Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us