Help Needed on Connecting or "hooking up"

Username: Castro90

Chicago, Illinois USA

Post Number: 1
I have two JVC HOME STEREO speakers with a Vizio LCD TV.
The thing is I want to connect the speakers and I do not know how it could be possible. The home stereo speaker's are red & black wired NOT A/V red & white cables.
The TV has A/V connections though.

So how is it possible to connect them if it actually is possible????

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14539

Sounds like you need an amplifier to go between the TV and the speakers.

Username: Castro90

Chicago, Illinois USA

Post Number: 2
Hmm...
So there's no way w/o the amp to just connect the speaker's with the TV?

Gold Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 1058
Not unless the TV has speaker terminals, and very few do. Even if it did it wouldn't sound that much better.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1439
Seeming that you are interested in "hooking up"... I might suggest first looking on adult friend finder.

But yup... you need an amp.

Username: Mnrosado

Post Number: 1
Hello Guys,

I have a new Sony STR-DA6400es receiver. HDMI 1 input has a dishnetwork 722 connected via HDMI. The receiver is HDMI A output is connected via HDMI to a Panasonic Plasma Monitor. Everything is working great. Except If I turn off the receiver I lost video and audio. How do I setup the receiver so that I can watch news and other shows which don't require a home theater sound. There must be some by-pass that works when the receiver is off. Help!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1245
Greetings Marco,

Quite literally the "system" is working correctly and the TV speakers should never be used. Even for news the Sony should sound much better.

If you insist on using the TV speakers you will need an HDMI splitter to connect the output of your Sat box to both the Sony receiver and the TV directly. Once that is done you could switch inputs on the TV for news or late night viewing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1246
Oh BTW- just so you know for the future, when asking a new question starting a new thread is generally best.

Thanks

Post Number: 2
Sorry Jim for not starting a new thread, In the 20+ years on the net I have never joined a forum or a chat room. I've only read them for the information they can provide. In keeping with my topic last night or early this morning I was able to by-pass the receiver by connecting two additional cables: a component and a RCA audio cable from the Sat box directly to the Monitor. This works fine but it adds two more cable to the picture, which isn't a big deal.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1248
No worries Marco,

Now you are a veteran and can post as many questions in new threads as you want!!!

Component as in Red/Green/Blue or composite as in yellow? Hopefully the first one and you have have it. Same result with a bit different wiring method. If you are using composite (yellow) just know that your picture will look really bad but for the news...

If you are using component (Red/Green/Blue) I would like to know because thenI have learned something. I was unaware that would work for a Dish box. I have tried that with my AT&T box but once I connected an HDMI cable the component video (and all of my settings) went away.

Post Number: 3
I was just informed by Sony Tech Support that it cannot be done. As for the work around, the connections I am using are component R/G/B. The DishDVR 722 is sending both HDMI thru the receiver and Component to Monitor. All I do is switch inputs on the Monitor from Component (input) to HDMI (input). I doubled checked that Both Monitor inputs are receiving HDTV (1080) and they are. I also believed that once I connected the Sat HDMI (output), that the components output would be disable. I am glad it's not. Wife wound definitely complain if she had to use the receiver all the time. Remember you have to keep the wife happy if you want your to keep the expensive toys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1249
Lord know I have some experience with THAT Marco!!!

Problem solved then!

If the remote can power up multiple devices at once then you may overcome another obstacle (but do all of this in small chunks).

Post Number: 4
Well thanks Jim for the feed back. I will continue playing with the receiver, so far so good. Once again thanks, a friend in Puerto Rico.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us