Old Sansui Receiver...

Username: Lordclay

Post Number: 1
OK guys i have a problem this receiver has been in the family for 20 or so years and has worked fine but recently it stopped working no sound comed out except at high volume levels and even then it is distorted to the point u can barely hear the lyrics and i get no bass also have i blown a fuse? or something simpler i just replaced all the wires with new, and still teh same problem

Sansui AU-555A thx for any help guys

Username: Lordclay

Post Number: 2
anyonwe plz help

Killer B's
Unregistered guest
Check out the Sansui forums on audiokarma dot org

Good Luck.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Something's busted.
Sorry, no way to diagnose the problem from out here. You have a twenty year old piece of equipment. Too many things could have happened. Parts change value over the years and parts wear out. If I was going to guess I would say you have lost a few bias resistors, a few capacitors have gone wonky and they have taken out several output transistors. If you can get a shop to work on it you will probably be looking at about a $200 repair.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Something's busted.
Sorry, no way to diagnose the problem from out here. You have a twenty year old piece of equipment. Too many things could have happened. Parts change value over the years and parts wear out. If I was going to guess I would say you have lost a few bias resistors, a few capacitors have gone wonky and they have taken out several output transistors. If you can get a shop to work on it you will probably be looking at about a $200 repair.

Username: Easyrider

Post Number: 1
i'm not a technician but have been able to resurrect several "dead" amps/receivers.

based on your description of the problem, i think you're controls and switches are dirty. i have "fixed" a receiver that did not produce any sound at all by cleaning all the switches and controls. buy a good quality "contact cleaner" from an electronic parts retailer.

i "fixed" a marantz 1070 ampllifier and a yamaha cr-1020 with similar problems.

if you want a step by step procedure, email me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us