Pioneer 2012k receiver

Username: Awj53

West Sacramento, CA USA

Post Number: 6
Does anyone out there have any info on this unit? I ahve been told that the 2012 and the Elite 55 are the same internally? I know they share the exact same dimensions, and weigh exactly the same! I could not find any info on the Pioneer web sites, I checked them all! Pioneer doesnt even list an owners manual on there web site, its like the thing does not exist!!! Does anyone own one? If so what is it like? Any help would be appreciated!

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 324
The 2011k is the euro version of VSX-45 wich I believe is the predecessor of VSX-55i. So yes, probably the 2012k is same as the 55i, but I dont think it's an euro model because here the 55i is called VSX-AX5i, although it seems like a rebadged AX5i. You seem to get it for a nice price $499, I'm ultra jealous (AX5i here ~1300 euro).

Username: Awj53

West Sacramento, CA USA

Post Number: 8
Thanks landroval for the info! Yes, GoodGuys (a local chain)has the 2012 for $499.00! Although they are running out of them! I was also looking at the Denon 1804, 2803, the Yamaha 650, 750, and the Harman kardon DPR-1001 digital amp! I was told by the sales person at good guys that the processor chips in the 2012 were NOT the same as the 55, although I can not imagine Pioneer swaping chips on cicuit boards, during production?
Thanks again: Alvin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us