Question regarding adding powerd sub...

_Slayer_
Unregistered guest
I have a Onkyo TX-8211 receiver and JBL N24II speakers. I want to hook up a powerd sub to it. how do I go about doing this?

The only RCA outputs are labled "Tape 1 Output (RIC)" & "Tape 2 Output (RIC)"

the speaker outs are labled L&R "A" and L&R "B" ("A or B 4Ohm min/ speaker" "A & B 8Ohm min./ speaker")

Thanks for any help! sorry this is such a newbish question.

Pic of back of unit can be found at:
http://www.onkyousa.com/images/products/Receiver/large/TX8211r.gif

Username: Awj53

West Sacramento, CA USA

Post Number: 4
You have a straight stereo receiver! Run speaker wire from your receiver speaker outputs to the sub speaker INPUTS, and then, additional speaker wire from the sub woofer speajker level OUTPUTS to yor JBL speakers! Most stereo receivers dont have the lfe rca!
Hope that helps!
Alvin

_Slayer_
Unregistered guest
Thabks for the help Alvin!

When connectiong the sub do both speakers get routed thrugh the sub or just one? dosnt really mater either way I supose, just curious.

Thanks!

_Slayer_
Unregistered guest
Also, does adding the sub change the impedance load that the receiver sees.

Username: Awj53

West Sacramento, CA USA

Post Number: 7
Yes, both left end right soeakers, speakers A, not B! In other words just one set of speakers, left and right!
Not really, you are sending a signal to the subwoofer, the frequency cut off point, lets say 50, will send any program material, at and below 50hz to the sub, and anything above that to the JBL N24's! More or less a pass through! There may be a slight dif in what the speaker sees, bit not anything significant!
Regards: AWJ
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us