Receiver and integrated amp to use in home theater.

Silver Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 213
is it possible for me to use a receiver and connect my integrated amp so i can also use my 2 ch in movies. The Denon receiver im looking at getting is the Denon AVR-1910 it has EXT in i dont know if that would work.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Gold CoastAustralia

Post Number: 2900
Hook the main L & R pre-outs from the receiver to the HT bypass of your integrated amp. If it hasn't got a HT bypass use the pre-in and if it hasdn't got that use another input pair such as the auxillary, but you'll need to find a suitable volume setting on your amp if you use the latter, though with the first two alternatives, the receiver pre amp will control the power amp section of the integrated. Hope you can follow that.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14493

What are you trying to accomplish? Just adding an integrated amplifier doesn't necessarily guarantee better sound quality.

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
No i have a Cambridge Audio 640A for my 2ch music listening with Monitor Audio RS1, so i would like to use the front as my mains so i still have my 2ch space.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Gold CoastAustralia

Post Number: 2901
Abe this is precisely what I have done in my system, the receiver controls the center, rears and sub while the amps (pre and monoblocks in my case) control the front mains for when I'm using surround in movies or music like sacd's and dvd-a's.

My previous integrated amp had a HT bypass, but now without that input or a pre-in I have to use another input pair and set the volume control to a suitable position when using the reciever as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
I ended up setting up 2 different systems for now, i bought the Denon/Boston acoustics home thater package, when i get a bigger place I want to buy a preprocessor, and be able to combine systems.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us