PSB Image B15's

Username: Diggadat

Post Number: 1
Any thoughts? I can get some new from a friend for $150. I hooked them up and my first reaction was "where is the bass?" I'm a musician, a bass player too so its almost the first thing I notice. I have some Athena Floor Speakers at home that I've been very happy with. Should I go that way again. I'm wanting to do studio work at my house but I mostly listen to my iTunes, any recommendations? I plan on having my Athena audition floor's with a set of smaller monitors but, I like my bass.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1421
IMHO, the image B15 are better speakers, but if you are looking for loud bass, look elsewhere. The bass that they DO have is tight, and is good to about 50Hz in room. Your floorstanders should be deeper than this, but not necessarily.

Athena produces decent quality speakers for the price, but moving up to a higher quality speaker will let you hear what you have been missing

You can obviously pair the speakers with a high quality subwoofer as well.

Keep in mind that (IMHO) being a higher quality speaker, you will hear the warts of compressed music if that is what you intend to use these for. My advice is to re-rip your files using a lossless algorithm if you don't do that already.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us