Audiophile threatens legal action over threads/posts he does not agree with.

Bronze Member
Username: Steve_bruzonsky

Post Number: 62
This is beyond funny and should give everyone a good laugh.

http://www.avrev.com/forum/23874-post76.html

[quote]This "AV" forum is rediculous. Look how they are letting Doug Winsor, who using varoius names has repeatedly been banned over at AVS Forum, post here using my real name "Steve Bruzonsky" and saying things I would never say. And despite my bringing this to the attention of the forum moderator and owners, they have done nothing! Following is my email to them to which I have received no response.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:26 PM
To: 'legal@internetbrands.com'
Subject: Audio Video Revolution forums http://www.avrev.com/

Dear Sir;

Please immediately delete threads and posts by "Steve Bruzonsky" as this person is impersonating me and posting opinions and information very different from those which I hold.

A few days ago I joined your forum as "stevenjbruzonsky" since the imposter was using name. In past years I have posted at a number of web forums,mostly audio and home theater,always using my real name of "Steve Bruzonsky". I just never got around to posting at your forum. But it came to my attention that an imposter was posting as me at your forum so of course I went to check this out.

Although I am an attorney in real life, audio video has been an extreme hobby for many years. I've posted over at www.avsforum.com since 1999. I moderated the AVS Special Guests and Tweaks forums over at AVS Forum from 1999 - 2003, bringing in weekly Special Guests from the AV Industry, like Sam Runco, Paul McGowan of PS Audio, Texas Instruments, Vizio when they were only V,Inc., etc, etc (I retired from the moderating hobby fortunately in 2004)
I setup the first few AVS Forum CES Parties. At the first two of these parties, I obtained over 10 grand of merchandise which I gave away each year to forum members who came to the parties. My quotes were in print AV mag ads for PS Audio's P300 Power Plant in 2000 and again for PS Audio's Premier Power Plant in 2007.

If you are interested, here's a lotta info re me and home theater:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post16725555

I have no doubt that the imposter is Doug Winsor, an alias banned from AVS Forum last year, then allowed to come back, and banned again earlier this year. He has used a number of different monikers and seems each one gets banned eventually.

Being well known in the AV industry has its perks - often wholesale pricing on AV gear. Of course, if the imposter continues this charade,
Folks will start to think he is me, and his opinions are mine. I think know the legal term for that.

Please consider this email as notice for you to take prompt action so that this imposter's libeleous drivel is no longer available on your website(s).
Please ensure this is accomplished within two weeks. Please notify me what action is taken and when.

Steve Bruzonsky
Attorney At Law[/quote]

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Mods if you want to move this post to another section feel free to do so.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14519
What mods?
This is the wild west, SB, talk to the bots.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Gold CoastAustralia

Post Number: 2886
Mods if you want to move Steve Bruzonsky to another planet feel free to do so.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
You guys don't find this funny? You audiophiles can not provide and objective information that would back up your claims about sound quality and yet you support this? Is this what high end audio is?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Someone else posted this up and I agree with him.

"I think know the legal term for that." That part made me laugh.

I hate to say it but online forum names can be used by anyone. How many members of various forums have a name based on Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Obama, etc.? There are tons. Yes, it sucks that a person would try to impersonate someone else in a set of online forums but the name they choose is theirs so long as it doesn't go against forum policies. Now, there is an issue if someone is always banned and keeps coming back. A forum troll like that needs to be permanently banned. However, I don't see problems with people that have user names that are similar to celebrities. For example, my user name is kornchild2002. Do you think Korn has ever threatened to come after me simply because they think I am speaking for the band? I understand Steve's frustration but this is something that the forum mods/admins over there need to take care of. Who is to say what user names can be used online? What about e-mail addresses? Once we start getting rid of one user name simply because someone else doesn't like it, what is to stop others from stepping in and demanding that more user names be changed/deleted simply because the names are familiar with their own or with something they are familiar with?

Gold Member

Gold CoastAustralia

Post Number: 2888
Who cares what you think Bruzonsky. When someone here suggested you were Bruzonsky the lawyer, you denied it.

Oops, forgot that didn't you?

You are not an honest man Bruzonsky, so we care not for your drivel.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Fort Hamilton, NY United States

Post Number: 3177
I would be that somebody :-)

Gold Member

Gold CoastAustralia

Post Number: 2890
Actually I thought it was you CM, but wasn't sure.

You pegged him.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Too funny.

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1406
As was I when I found the connection to the prolific contributor at AVS that shares the same name.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Don't know about you but is shows just how pathetic audiophools act.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14675
Thanks for joining the club, fool.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us