Best Source for Athena Technologies AS-F2

Username: Andyj

Van Alstyne, TX United States

Post Number: 1
Thanks to all the good advice contained here, I am well on the way to assembling a decent Home Theater System. Presently, I have an HK AVR 330 and 2 Athena AS-B2's as the fronts along with an old Sony Center. I have decided to buy 2 Athena AS-F2's as the front speakers and move the B2's to the rear. What is the best source to Purchase the F2's?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 947
I believe One Call still has it on sale, but I haven't checked lately. Best Buy usually puts it on sale during 3 day weekends or some other holiday. Don't worry they are never far in-between.
cheers

Silver Member

Post Number: 948
here ya go

http://ww1.onecall.com/About_00001000_15_59_38_0_athena_0.htm

this one ships for free
http://www.bestpriceaudiovideo.com/products/product_detail.asp?Inventory=2816&Sh ow=D

Post Number: 2
Thanks Berny--

Silver Member

Post Number: 953
no problem...
Let us know how it goes.:-)
cheers

Silver Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 150
I saw the Athenas FS2 marked down to $200 - a cabinet scuffed pair - at Best Buy and Audio Advisor had them new on sale for $400 - plus shipping of course. Always check audiogon and ebay.............

Bronze Member
Username: Eksine

Post Number: 16
there is a sale at Best Buy right now for F1 for $149 each and F2 for $249 each. plus no shipping you get it right away. so drive , dont run to Best Buy and buy them right now..i think the sale ends this week. also go check the website

Bronze Member
Username: Nealm

Post Number: 17
andy, i ordered from audio advisors and so far ive had no problems from them worth note. however, fedex dropped one of the asf2s so im in the process of getting a new one but ill have to wait for fedex to finish with the claim so i can get my money back since aa charged me for a new one so they could send it out faster and will reimburse me when they get the claim in from fedex. youll pay more at best buy (500 plus tax) compared to 400 at audioadvisors but youll get them today and dont have to worry about shipping damage. i hear you can also get extended warranties for 30 bucks a piece there. im actually thinking of going to bestbuy to get the center channel while this sale is still going on. anyone have any suggestions on whether they think itll be on sale more any time soon?
as for your avr 330, i have a 230 and im not disappointed at all with how it sounds with the f2s. for a while i was afraid they wouldnt pair well together and some people on the board were telling me that the 230 wouldnt drive the athenas enough. i guess they would sound better with a better receiver but i can always get another amp if i think they arent getting enough power. im satisfied.

Post Number: 3
Neal,

I ordered from Audio Advisors last evening. Even though Best Buy has them @ $249 + Tax, the Audio Advisor deal is still better. I previewed them at Best Buy and then bought on the strength of all the positive comments re: Audio Advisors

Bronze Member
Username: Nealm

Post Number: 22
its not audio advisors to worry about - its fedex carrying your 2 60 lb packages. my first one had been dropped hard on a corner and the wood was all rippled from the stress. the replacement had also been dropped tho not as bad so im gonna have to keep it. when the fedex man came i asked him if i could open the package in his presence since it looked damaged and he said if i opened it i had to take it which sounds very shady. bottom line is do you mind all the hassle that fedex might bring to the equation?

Username: Itb

Post Number: 2
Watch out though. All Best Buy is interested in doing is getting you to buy their damned extended warranty. They could care less about the merchandise.

Username: Bobolink

Post Number: 3
Bought pair of AS-F2's from Audio Advisor. Chatted online with a very friendly service rep and got free shipping, so might give that a try.

Post Number: 7
Hi Berny and all,

The best deal going was with Audio Advisors. $399/pair with free shippping. They arrived today in fine shape and the first listen was pure pleasure. No doubt the pairing of the AS-F2's with the HK 330 is a winner.

Audio Advisors was professional, informed and pleasant to deal with - start to finish.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us