PSB- B6 REVIEWS FROM THE SPEAKER GUYS

Bronze Member
Username: Smokemonster

Post Number: 48
hi, just wondering what the speaker guys think of this model? what kind of material is best sounding with them? what about the finshes available. black or dark cherry? any comments on the driver material, ceramic? how about that yellow color. i found a set for $320.00 out the door. is that a good price?

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 786
Oh, I see, you waited a whole day and nobody replied to your question. You need to ligthen up.....a lot.

A non-response typically means that either;

a) the question is already answered in another thread
b) nobody has experience with that particular speaker
c) you're being a b00b and nobody feels the desire to help you
d) all of the above

I myself have not heard that model, so I don't post a responses about things I know nothing (typically). I think if you read through a few of the speaker threads you'd find that generally folks here find PSB makes a quality product, and provides good value. Further, they're typically pretty easy to drive relative to many other speakers these days. Other than that, I got nothin' on this particular model.

As to color, dude that's your call. Are we supposed to comment whether you'd like black, cherry, or yellow better ? You decide. Does it matter to you that I'd buy the cherry ? Why ?

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3636
PSB doesn't make junk. Pretty much everything they make can be considered a pretty good value for the money. The fit and finish and materials they use usually stand the test of time.

PSB is pretty consistant with their house sound. Its on the warmer side of neutral, and slightly colored. They're a fuller sounding speaker than most. They can get a little dry, but nothing major.

I like them better than most comparable B&Ws and Paradigms. There are some Paradigms I like more, but model vs model will get a PSB nod more often than not in my book.

I haven't heard the latest line, so things may have changed. There are a lot of people who'd prefer comparable B&Ws and/or Paradigms. Anyone who's ever seen and heard PSB knows they're not junk by any means.

Keep in mind the gear you have and how they'll partner up.

PSBs aren't very difficult to drive, but that doesn't make them easy to drive either. They're not Klipsch or Cerwin Vega.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14482
I have less than stellar thoughts on the PSB metal dome tweeters, but that was putting the speakers into a kit that was above the PSB's league. Those PSB's are miles away from the OP's units, however.

The B-25 were a bit different, but again with the tweeters.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us