Should We put CD Players etc. on top of the Receivers, good or bad 4 Receiver?? Optimal breathing space 4 a receiver\?

Username: Stifa

Post Number: 5
I own MARANTZ SR6300 and I have some questions about correct placement?

Owners manual says there should be 1 meter of space FREE above the receiver\?? TRUE?NOT?
this is impossible in my setup. I can only do about 25 cm above. is this healthy?

Is it wise to put a CD player on top of the receiver?

THANKS stifa@eunet.yu

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 320
I would say that around 10 cm free space above the receiver should be enough. Although if there is only one opening to the location where the receiver is, I recommend a bit more free space so the hot air can exit better.

You shouldn't put anything on top of the receiver, it'll cause overheating of both devices and that might shorten their lifespan and cause malfunctioning.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 1553
Receivers generate heat, and are colled by convenction. 25 cm should not interfere with convection cooling the receiver, but the convection current might get the thing above fairly hot. Just try it, and see. Generally, CD players generate almost no heat (no vents; no fins on the back; no fan). Therefore it is OK to place something, including a receiver, right on top of a CD player. As long as the receiver is on a flat. smooth surface, so the underside grill is not obstructed, and there is plenty of air above.

Bronze Member
Username: Drumsuck

St. johns, Newfoundland Canada

Post Number: 25
I try not to stack at all if I can avoid it, but when I have to I stack the cd/dvd/tape players and try to leave the Receiver/Amp alone. The receiver or amp is the hottest and heaviest of all of your components, and it needs the most breathing room.

Give it it's own shelf if you can, or if not a tape deck or cd player under it won't be the end of the world, as long as the chassis of the cd player can support the weight of the reciever.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us