NAD-T773/Klipsch- My first real system, and I'm looking for input

Username: Elm_tx

Houston, Tx USA

Post Number: 1
Hey All, I'm building a theater room off the side of the house and hoping to setup a very nice theater setup. I just bought a Pioneer Elite Pro-730HDi tv.

Now for the real question, the audio side of things.
The room will be 19'x 24' x 11'ceiling.

I've listened to several setups over the past couple of months. I'm leaning towards a NAD - T773 receiver and Klipsch RF-7 series spkrs. The spkrs are RF-7C, RC-7C, RS-7B, RS-35B (side channels) and either a Rel Q-150E or a Velodyne SPL-1200 Series II.

This will be my first real sound system, I won't be rebuilding it anytime soon, so I'm looking for objective opinions. Right/Wrong spkr/receiver setup, or possibly a setup in the same price range that may be better. Basically, I'm very interested in what others have experienced and/or think.

Thanks!!!

Silver Member
Username: Disco_stan

Minnesota

Post Number: 155
Eddie,

Everything sounds good, your choice of warm electronics and bright horns will balance eachother out gracefully. If you are happy with that set up, then go for it. I'm sure many other people on this forum will post other amazing setups with excellent results.

The floor plan seems like it will work well with your system. I would do many hours of research on placement of your speakers so you feel confident of how it sounds and their placement of reflections and such. You will learn a lot and I'm not the person teach you, I'm still in the learing process. Heres a link that will start you off: http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/setup/RoomAcoustics.html

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 512
eddie i think your right on.

i'm running harmon kardon with jbl and klipsch.
for me the setup is excelent for home theatre.

i think you will be very happy!

Username: Elm_tx

Houston, Tx USA

Post Number: 2
Matt - Thanks for the link, spkr placement has been something that has been on my mind for a while. I'll definately take a look at it!!!

Kegger -- Thanks for the input!!!

swampcat
Unregistered guest
Great speakers ,The rf-7's are 2 grand alone. Not familar with nad. Seems like a lot of cash in speakers to be used with just a reciever. Maybe Nad seperates? Multi channel power amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us