NAD T762

Username: Jnielsen

Post Number: 1
Hi there guys,

all new on here. The reason, my T762 has developed a few issues and from reading on different forums, I'm not the only one. They are really good, but seem a bit fragile. Like Hifi version of Lambo's or Ferrari's! I know, its not new anymore.

Here's the thing. I bought a second hand T762, mega sound, but;

When I choose DTS it sometimes turns of, it sometimes as well just freezes up and doesn't respond to any input from either remote or buttons on the front of it. Is it software, hardware issuse or is it overheating??? Can't complain about the sound, it does play mega. Wrote to NAD, standard answer, contact local dealer. Way to expensive though to even have them look at it! Any ideas of whats wrong or how to make i better?

Jannik

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14406

Too expensive, huh? What's you're budget for this job?

Post Number: 2
Depends how much is wrong with it. The first £100 is gone for just opening the amp. It has completely frozen up now, sometimes it says DVD in the display, sometimes it is DNAD?? What on earth is going on here?

Post Number: 3
Got it up and running again, sort of. If I choose DTS as a surround setting, it switches off instantly. Shorting out or??

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14414

Most of these problems can be traced to a defective master control ic. There's no permanent fix other than to replace the ic and reset all functions. This is a major fix at a major expense and it is a job for a qualified technician.

Post Number: 4
Oh dear. Its funny though, the sound quality is brilliant but must admit, a roughly 5 year old amp is going under already? My parents had a Rotel amp, I think it was around 40 years old because my grandad had it before them. It works perfect, no hums no crackling. Just good sound, a bit more complicated equipment today though I guess. Still can't accept it, imaginge if ecu's in cars didn't work after 5 years. What a fuzz that would create.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14417

Realize that is my best guess from the other side of the globe. You can take the unit into a service center and ask for an estimate of cost before OK'ing any repairs. I could be wrong. It doesn't happen that often but I may be due.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2937
The T7x2 series had major IC and DSP issues. It is one of the two causing the problem. Amazing power supplies in there though for an AVR, use it as a Power Amp. lol

Post Number: 5
It is amazing in power and sound. But as you say they seem to have a few issues. As from what I could read on various forums.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us