Correctly connecting components

Username: Maty

Bakersfield, Ca USA

Post Number: 7
Hello to everybody. I am trying to hook up a Sansui ax-7 to my system and I don't have the manual for it. I have a stereotech 1200 and I am running an EQ from the preamp jacks and I am running a cassette, mini disc and a turntable from there assigned jacks but I can't seem to figure out how to link the Sansui correctly. This should be an easy challenge for you guys. first correct answer gets a cold beer!

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 960
The simple answer is to disconnect the EQ from the Stereotech and use those jacks for the Sansui. I am not all that familiar with the Sansui but if it has a tape monitor button you could connect the EQ to that.

Username: Maty

Bakersfield, Ca USA

Post Number: 8
the problem with doing that would be limiting the EQ to just one source at a time. connecting to the preamp jack allows the EQ to enhance all the components without switching back and forth.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 961
I was hoping the Sansui had some sort of "tape monitor" function to avoid that problem. Well then the next idea is to wire the EQ between the output of the Sansui and the input of the Stereotech.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14343

Put the eq in the tape monitor 1 loop of the Stereotech and run the Sansui from tape output 2 or from the pre out of the Stereotech and set a fixed level on the Stereotech volume control.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us