Budget Soundbar for Apartment

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 645
Hey guys,

I will be moving into an apartment for college in the next few weeks, and want to get the best bang for my poor college student buck! I currently have a Samsung 46" 4665f LCD TV, and would like the best soundbar and woofer combo I can get for under $400. The reason for going with the soundbar is the fact that I will only be cozy 10x9 room, and also, I hear that it is the most cost effective way of getting close to surround sound quality without the high price.

I have read, and done some research, and as of now, I am looking at the Polk Audio SDA soundbar ($340) and the Boston Acoustics Tvee soundbar ($240). However, I am totally open for suggestions. I have no problem buying off eBay, so if the soundbar could be had for under $400 there, it is fair game.

I should also mention that I already have a PS3, so no DVD or blu-ray player is necessary. The main uses for my TV are for watching sports, playing video games, and watching DVD's and Blu-rays.

Thats about all I can think to include as of now, but if you have any more questions, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Kyle

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 943
Greetings Kyle,

The Polk SurroundBar SDA will do fine if:

Your TV has variable audio out
Either Red/white RCA analog or Toslink digital out.

If you use the digital out all audio inputs have to be digital.
If you use the analog out all audio inputs have to be analog.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14322
Don't know about them, but a nice compact solution if the right one is chosen. What does sub duties? tiny?

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2907
My dealer claims the Yamaha sound bars are the better sounding units.

Silver Member

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 646
Thanks for the responses, I am now considering the Vizio sound bar and wireless sub combo seen here: http://www.vizio.com/vsb210ws.html

Any opinions on this set up?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14328
Blaze, i could not comment on any of these products beyond connectivity.
I don't suppose any of these are available as am in-home tryout?

Silver Member

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 647
I have listened to the Samsung at best buy, and it did sound pretty good, but I just want to make sure im getting the most for my money.

Silver Member

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 648
I think I have it narrowed down to the Polk, Vizio, and now I am looking into the JVC that was just recently announced.

Any more info or opinions if you have any of these sound bars would be greatly appreciated. I will be buying some time this weekend.

Username: Wireos

Post Number: 4
The Wireless combo must be a great choice. Sleek & Stylish though.

Can take it whenever you go for an outing.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14367
EOS Wireless, would you stop advertizing on the site, please?
You are about to be booted.

Silver Member

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 649
and if you are going to advertise, at least dont make your name the name of your business...

Anybody else care to help me out?

I'm interested in the new wireless JVC's, but there is not much out about them yet, as they have yet to be released.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us