NHT classic4

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 248
Just wondering how much of an upgrade these will be over my RS6 in my two setup, i'm pretty sure I will I will have to upgrade my existing int amp since they will be more hungry and less efficient. Just wondering will they really fill the room nicer and give better lower end?

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 11768
Better low end, definitely. For the rest of the frequency range it's going to be up to and your preferences whether you like them better. Best to hear them first if possible. They are a very good speaker and I would prefer them to the RS6, YMMV. BTW, I really like the RS6.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2906
What are you not liking about the RS6's Chico? If you like the sound you are getting from the RS6's but looking for a more refined open sound listen to the new RX6's. They are much better. Do not have enough experience with the NHT's but I see they are a full range speaker so more low end for sure.

Silver Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 459
Does the fact that the NHT uses no less than four different drivers a cause for concern?

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 11769
They sound good....that causes me no concern at all. Like all NHT speakers, regardless of the number of drivers they require a stout amp to be at their best. I've heard them sound excellent with several genres of music. I prefer my DeVore's but I like the NHT's.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 537
NHT is coming out with a new tower speaker at a lower price point than the 4, which is a 4 way. The new absolute tower will be a 3-way acoustic suspension design with 2 x 5.25" woofers, 1 x 5.25" midrange and 1 x 1" aluminum dome tweeter.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 249
Thanks for the input guys actually I like them quite a bit they are quite nice not amazing. Actually I was listening to them compared a nice little speaker i bought around the time. I like having to pairs of speakers. They Opera Mezza not sure if you guys ever heard them. They are really smooth, their highs are much nicer not as harsh as the rs6 i guess thats due to the silk verses the metal gold dome ccam tweeter.

Right now my reason for looking at a upgrade is the wife looking she loves lower end extension on music lots of latin and caribbean stuff. So the idea of the full range abilty of the nht's is quite appealing. I was even considering the an Upgrade to the RS8/RX8 but i think I really want to try something different was even looking at the polk lsi15's

I would ideally look at powering them with parasound A23 or 2125

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 11773
From what you are describing the NHT's may be the ticket. Smoother highs than the RS6 and a nice plump bottom....lord knows we like those plump bottoms...lol!

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 250
Yes we do indeed Brudda art we love those bottoms,
some say they onions in those trunks when a man sees them he wants to cry!!!!! Anyway back to the speakers lol those nht's art going for 1500? Only thing i hate the black but will prob have no choice. Any other suggestions in the guys? My only problem is that where I am no audition will be possible. Big draw back just ask my paradigms bookshelves collecting dust :-)

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 251
Oh unbridled any idea when those new ones will be out?
Any one know anything about these speakers

EF30T Tower Speakers
http://www.emptek.com/ef30t.php
newer model
http://www.emptek.com/e55ti.php

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 538
NHT should be releasing some more information about them this month. I own the Classic 3's and really like them, I think you will like the 4's. The black gloss finish looks great. As far as dust collecting on the finish, just get yourself a nice lambswool duster and go over them every so often. No scratches or swirls in the finish.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 252
Well i Will look out for the info from NHT, will the parasound be a good fit with them?

I was also wondering about those emptek speakers? any know anything about them.

Silver Member
Username: Kbear

Canada

Post Number: 460
The NHT website seems to be offline. It's routing to a domain hosting site. Same for you guys?

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 11796
Yep.

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 539
Perhaps they are updating the website?.... Their facebook page is active...

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 11799
They're still around.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 253
Any other suggestions of a speaker in the range of the Classic 4?
I guess the polk lsi 15's are not a good idea

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 254
oh yes the site appears down the price for the 4's is 1500 for the pair?

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 540
"I guess the polk lsi 15's are not a good idea"

Why do you say that? I owned the lsi 9's and though they were nice. But I was loaned a pair of NHT 3's while I had the lsi 9's and preferred the NHT's.

The NHT 4's were 1800 then went up to 2000 and now down to 1500. Perhaps when the website is back up they will list the price of the absolute tower and give the specs on it. I would imagine it would come in at a lower price point and perhaps this would be what you are looking for.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 11801
I think that for the low end you want, Chico, that the 4's are a good fit.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Gold CoastAustralia

Post Number: 2781
I may be wrong but I think I read somewhere NHT are temporarilly closing down. I don't recall the whole story. Try Googling for info.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2912
NHT is going out of business and closing the doors final on March 31st of this year. Wait about a month Chico you should be able to get the Classic 4's for half the price. This is just what I am reading all over the web of late. There was also an article about it in AV Guide. They say they are taking a break, but I doubt they will be back. Bye bye NHT.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14359
Fire sale!

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 541
NHT going quiet on 3/31 was last year. Their website is back up and I have not seen anything from 2010 about this. That was last years news.

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 542
From NHT:

"Oops. Seems someone forgot to pay the $15.00 Domain Name Registration bill and our website completely disappeared today for about 6 hours. That person is now shoveling fertilizer."

Gold Member

Post Number: 2913
Your right, the AV Guide write up makes it seem thats its about them closing the doors this year but as I actually read the whole thing it goes on about them re-starting production in 2010. hmmm. Hopefully they do well this year.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 255
Well that would be good, hate to see companies go down like that but in this tough environment its a stark reality. What about the pairing of parasound and NHT if i go in that direction guys?
art and unbridl thanks for the input guys

art we all like firesales lol

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 256
Just wondering if not to add another name to the mix how are the era d14? how much of an upgrade are the RX8 over my present rs6 especially in the lower end department for music

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14371
at what listening level, Chico?
Loud or 'normal?'

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 257
Well not insane loud but loud occasion for sure but also usually i seldom
soft levels

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 258
Anyone can tell me how the NHT Classic4 and polk lsi15?
They are both in a similar price range, both have a side firing woofer just wondering.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2936
Polk is overpriced Marketing Heep IMO. When you buy a 1500 dollar Polk speaker you are getting a 300 dollar speaker with Polk slapped on it. They remind me of Monster Cable.

Bronze Member
Username: Buzzy

Post Number: 11
That's overstating the case by a lot. There's a special place in hell reserved for that Monster Cable guy. But some of the Polks are very good, and others are great value given that they are always on sale.

Silver Member

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 259
Nick strong stuff i once own a pair of monster banana plugs terrible buy. I was curious about the LSI series they do sound a little pricey for me to be honest considering they are polk but atthe end of the its the sound to coin ratio that matters. My first speakers were polks actually rti4 or 6's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us