Klipsch Speakers with receiver

Username: Split_shoes

Post Number: 1
I just bought a pair of Klipsch VF-35 floorstanding speakers(towers). I have been recommended only NAD and Denon by a local shop. I have read many times that Klipsch speakers are bright and need to be matched with a mellow receiver. I mentioned this to the local shop and he said he was unaware of this and said that Yamaha and Klipsch should work together with no problems...

I am setting up my system in the bedroom, and I am not going to be hooking it up to the TV. This is purely for playing cd's and my ipod. I never listen to the radio so it is not a necessity.

The NAD I've been pointed towards is the NAD326bee.

I've mostly read that NAD, H/K, and Pioneer Elite are the best matches. My price range is around $500. I've also been recommended looking at amps/preamps but I have no knowledge on those as of now.

I have an old JVC cd changer which I am borrowing for awhile that will go along with this. Any suggestions on purchasing a new one would be great, price range is unsure but nothing above $500. Only looking for a 6-disc.

Last thing, the music I listen to is mostly hardcore. Two quick examples if this would help choosing the receiver:
Shipwreck- myspace.com/shipwreckmv
Foundation- myspace.com/xfoundationx
Forfeit- myspace.com/forfeitny

Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1461
If this is a music only setup, I would look into an integrated amp, not a receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3474
What Stof said.

I've paired Klipsch with Yamaha. It's not a match made in heaven, but for you hardcore tunes it would certainly crank.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1371
Pioneer / Pioneer elite is probably going to be your best match IMHO.

Yamaha? Possibly the new ones as I have not heard one, but the older ones would make an awful combo. I would not try this.

Post Number: 2
I understand. That would make more sense. Any thoughts on these two? Or others that you could recommend?

Pioneer Elite A-35R
NAD 326bee

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3476
This has already been mentioned, but if you're using this system solely for music (with no radio) ditch the receiver idea and get an integrated instead. You can pick up a decent integrated on Audiogon for a few hundred bucks. Look at Cambridge Audio, NAD or Rotel for starters.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Albany, New York

Post Number: 1379
I have personally used the a-35r. It is a good unit for what it is, and on par with the low end NAD. The sound is warm and smooth. It worked with my KEF, but I moved on. I wanted something more refined sounding, and with a little more grunt. Used in a stereo configuration, it will have enough juice to power a pair of klipsch, and would sound good too.

Rotel would not be such a good idea. They tend to be a little treble heavy in my experience, and paired with a bright speaker could lead to listener fatigue.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3488
Good point Gavin. Forget I said Rotel.

Gold Member
Username: Soundgame

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1089
NAD and Klipsch should pair well. I agree, if it's for music then go integrated.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for everyones help. Its been more than what I'm getting at the shops around here. I came across the Pioneer Elite M-10X and I'm still looking at that NAD 326bee. I wasn't too impressed with the NAD but I believe it was the speakers that it was hooked up to at the store. They were some Phase Technology darts, not sure exactly what model. This is my first system so I hope to make a decision soon. What does everyone think on the Elite vs the NAD mentioned?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14325
NAD

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14326
Thats just for the sound, and a guess, but i would try the NAD at home before the Pioneer.

that aside, some members here have issues with the reliability, endurence and longevity of small NAD stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2908
NAD will eat the Pioneer for sound quality but break before the Pioneer.loll. Make sure the dealer has good warranty policy. *Knock on wood* I have not had any issues with my NAD amps in the theater. * Knock until my knuckles hurt*
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us