Subwoofer budget of $150

Username: Seanthemortgageguy

Keller, Tx USA

Post Number: 1
I need help finding the best sub for $150. I have read a little bit about Dayton, found one on partsexpress.com for $79, just need some direction. I have listened to Paradigm PDR series, found some used on ebay, but am not sure what would be best. Main use is going to be for movies/video games. Thanks for the help!!

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 658
Are you talking the whole enchilada ready to plug and play? Gonna be tough for 150$.

Is someone gonna cough up some glue / wood / mdf and a plate amp?

Keller, Tx USA

Post Number: 2
Also wanted to mention, I am willing to by used, ebay/craigs list.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 14008
You are bare bones for quality, SB, but look at your local ads, papers, supermarket, whatnot.
A buddy answered a supermarket ad and got a huge deal on a sub.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14009
As a sleazy tip, there are often buy/sell boards at job centers.

Keller, Tx USA

Post Number: 3
I know my price range limits my options, I am watching a Paradigm PDR-10 on ebay and comparing to the $79 10" Sub by Dayton at partsexpress.com, don't know which one would be best, got a recommendation? Only reason I am considering the Paradigm is that my brother has one, and it sounds good.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14012
The price does not matter so much anymore, as very good stuff is available at cheap money.
I am not familiar with current value products to know better, but I know that some real killers are out there.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 663
Sean,
for 2x your original 'max', some interesting possibilities open up in both the new and pre-loved market.
I think HSU still makes a sub in that category. If they don't now, they may still have some, even 'b' stock would do. Hsu is just up the road from me, here on the left coast.

In the preowned market, HSU, SVG and others are available. Check Audiogon and other sales sites.

An 8" and certainly a 10" sub would provide a good 'base' even in a medium sized room. IMO, you won't need or be able to afford a better class of 12" or up with your budget.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 664
http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/stf-1.html

Decent example of what 300$ currently will leverage.
Shipping / insurance / tax / waiting time are all extra!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us