I want to use my sound card with Logitech Z-Cinema Speakers

Username: Deadman_uk

Post Number: 5
I decided to post a new thread rather than post in my previous thread as I've pretty much made up my mind what 2.1 speaker I want now and maybe someone else would benefit from this. From my research, the Z-Cinema (USB) has two 3.5mm jacks, one for headphones and one for auxiliary. I DO NOT want the Z-Cinema if I am unable to use my sound card and I don't care how good it's built in sound is! I originally paid £70 for my Creative XtremeMusic sound card and I'm going to use it! According to an Amazon.co.uk review, you can use your sound card with this speaker:

[quote]Another thing, if they are connected to your PC by USB, they WILL NOT BE USING your soundcard. Thus, those that have good quality soundcards like a soundblaster X-Fi, will not actually be using it if you connect by USB.

The solution: Connect using the Auxillary port on the side of the speakers. Took me a while to work this one out but got there in the end. (Disable the Z Cinema in your 'playback devices' and enable your soundcard, in my case SB X-fi.

The result: The sound is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better!!!!!! [/quote]

Can anyone confirm this? If this is true and I can use my sound card, will the remote work? What sort of wiring would I need?

Thanks for any help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us