Wharfedale diamond 9.6 vs Boston Acoustics vs Polk Audio

Username: Dheeraj

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,
I am buying my first hifi system at the age of 45 yrs. The money is hardearned and i am really splurging.
Somehow I have selected Marantz PM 7001(Rs 24,000) amp and Marantz cd 5003 cd changer (Rs 18,000). I need to finalise the speakers between Wharfedale (9.5 for 28.5 K and 9.6 for 36 K), Boston Acoustics and Polk Audio. I am currently not buying a sub as I canot afford it.
All u experienced audiophiles help please....
Is my choice of the Amp, CD player at this price ok ???Will the amp drive the 9.6 diamonds wee

Post Number: 2
which model of Denon amp matches with Marantz 7001 and what should it roughly cost in India.

I listen to a wide range of music and basically looking for value for money. Is there a better combination you can suggest at this price

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3293
Scratch the Polk off the list.

Post Number: 3
Thanks dave so do u think the Marantz 7001 with marantz 5003 source and wharfdale 9.6 diamonds are ok for an entry level hi fi system.
Also does bi wiring help......
sorry am a bit of a rookie

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Lancaster, Lancashire England

Post Number: 822
How did you arrive with the Maratnz 7001 as a choice? I can tell you its a very nice amp although discontinued but like that matters!

I heard it with some Acoustic Energy floorstanders, perhaps you should look at some too!

Biwiring I dont bother with. Personally find replacing the jumpers (links between binding posts) with good cable does the trick for that. And other areas like positioning, isolation etc are far more benefitial to noticable improvements.

Wouldn't recommend your cdp choice though, perhaps a better Marantz model like the cd6003 or rotel rcd-06. Marantz I find are especially different in quality between models.

Silver Member
Username: Boulderdashcci

Canton, Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 117
The CD5003 isn't a changer, it's a single disc player.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us