Bridging NAD 4225PE and NAD 2100

Username: Mcreedon

Post Number: 2
I have just purchased an NAD 2100 and would like to use it w/ my NAD 4225 receiver, driving primarily a pair of Klipsch floor speakers.

I do not have manuals for either unit. How do I do this? Is bridging the right term?

Thanks for your help.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13924
MC, in short, you dont.
At least not yet.
How does the amp sound lashed up to the receiver in the normal manner firstly?

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3257
Does the NAD receiver have pre-outs? If not then you can't use the 2100. If you can use the 2100, I suspect it will drive the Klipsch speakers to crazy levels.

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 178
You can use the NAD 2100 w/o a pre-amp/processor by hooking it up in lab mode. You can connect a cd player to it and use the gain controls on the amp to control the volume.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3322
That'll work.

Username: Subwoofer1000

Eugene, Oregon United States

Post Number: 3
How many watts is this amp and also my uncle has 2 Klipsch floorstanding speakers, and they sound like (10) speakers. there rear ported, single 8inch drivers, mid, and high.
website sells them(discontinued) for like $3000. whats up? what goes into these.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3408
60 watts.

Username: Rgathany

Post Number: 1
I just joined (first post) and am glad to see that there are people like ya'll around. I'll have some questions later, but for now I have some input on this thread. Adcom used to make a good "speaker out to preamp in" adaptor for just this situation. I think there may some other garbage ones out there too, but if you can't get an Adcom new (ran about $50 in the mid 80s), maybe there is one on e-Bay or somewhere you can get one.

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3666
Welcome aboard oldtimer.

Username: Rgathany

Post Number: 7
Thanks, glad to be here.

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 878
Carver also sold a similar device.
Wouldn't surprise me to find that Adcom and Carver sold the same thing....rebadged.

Username: Mcreedon

Post Number: 3
Hi All,

Thank you all for your comments/help. Both needed some minor repair. Thanks to all your advice I ultimately bagged the bridging idea and went w/ the 4225 as a pre and the 2100 as a the amp.

The Klipsch 5.5s are 100 watts maximum continuous (500 watts peak)

The system sounds great through out the range I have tried. Although I have not even cranked it up more than 50% I'm afraid I'll break windows!

Thank you all again for your help.

Best

Gold Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3671
The Klipschs and 2100 could potentially be a very loud combination. Glad to hear that you like it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us