Fisher MT-730

Username: Hgs

Littleton, CO

Post Number: 1
Bought a MT-730 that was in storage for the past 10+ years. I want to replace the drive belt. Can I do this myself if I order the parts? What are the chances the other two belts are falling apart? Can I replace them myself? Ordered a service manual and am waiting for the download. Please Help Mom&Dad are visiting soon and I have their record collection.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14156

It's generally not a great idea to buy a table that's been in storage for a decade. All the rubber parts will need to be replaced as will the cartridge or stylus assembly and the bearing grease along with any other lubricants should be cleaned out and replaced. It's not known whether you can do the job yourself, Some platters lift off easily and some do not. Installing a cartridge is usually best left to someone with experience. Any adjustments are probably worth sending to a technician.

Put the model number in a search engine and start doing your homework. That's the best advice I have for this table since it's not a popular brand for turntables.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us