Remote Control for Alto Cd player?

Username: Alaricus

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone!
Just bought an old Audio Innovations Alto cd player, to match w/ Alto amplifier. Unlfortunately, no remote. Thought that ampli rc (RC1) worked with it, and it does, but it hasn't the open/close button...could kindly someone give me some suggestions on this? Some replacement solution? Some used rc in some shop you know? Many thanks!
Alberto

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 574
Logitech?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13802
Does the cdp not have an open button on the face?

Harmony make several remotes that are programmable, and seem to be able to do everything.

Except, probably, open the door of an Alto cdp...

Post Number: 2
Hi Nuck, you're absolutely right!
No button at all!!
I own a Logitech Universal RC Harmony, not exactly the cheapest one , tried everything w/ their mega-database of RC controls, but they have all except open/close of Alto cdp...

Silver Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 576
Logitech (manuf)= Harmony (brand)

If these guys don't have it, is there an importer / distributor you can write for the 'universal code'??

I use mine as a garage door opener (kidding)

Did have trouble with my CA 840, though.

Is there anyway to access the Harmony database?

Post Number: 3
Hi Leo,
I've done exactly what you suggested; I've found an italian official importer, phoned him, told me he'll try to use a remaining alto cdp (it seems that Audio Innovations have some trouble in going on) to feed by IR instruction a universal RC. Nice idea, use RC universal for garage opening...! Harmony Logitech database is easily accessible by direct web connection of the RC (via usb), but you must be a registered user of Logitech.
Let you know how's going on...

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3195
A CDP without an open button on the unit? WTF man? Makes the unit kinda useless if the remote goes south.

Last year the remote on my Sony Blu-ray player bit the dust and wouldn't you figure, there was no way to actually start a movie on the player itself.

The Harmony saved me, except it was more expensive that the Sony BDP.

doh.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13815
These are the same people who promised a paperless office, right?

AZ, you seem to have a sense of humour about the cdp with no eject button, which is good.
But a bad remote problem, with which I cannot suggest a solution, short of entertining the family with the garage door opening and closing.

I hope there is a good cd trapped in there. I was in the same spot years ago, and I cannot, without gagging, listen to the J Geils band ever again.

Good luck!

Dave I had the same player sans remote! Oy!

Post Number: 4
Hi lads,
good news for my little cdp problem!
(I use it matched to its ampli mate, I forgot to tell that the couple is the final step from, substantially, what arise from my pc-hifi system -audio signal comes from USB through a DAC to ampli, then to loudspeakers; cdp is simply "something more", I liked its look . After all, this is my 3d hi-fi system, and really not the most important). Anyway, this morning I noticed a very small and very black button, deeply drowned in the very very black base of Alto cdp.. Guess what? Yeah, you're right, men, open/close button!
My best excuses to Audio Innovations for bad words to them...
All is well what ends well...
Thanks Leo, Nuck, Dave!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13823
AZ, you are hardly the first to discover a diabolically placed control somewhere!
Although requiring the dexterity of the individuals who stuff little cotton balls into pill bottles (apply to Bedrock General Hospital), that particular function was to be found somewhere.

I had an old Akai cdp eons ago, and the eject button was eventually found.

It was on the back panel!!!

Post Number: 5
??On the back panel...????
Some of them audio engineers must use too much of illegal substances, sometimes, 'fore going to work...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13825
Plus it sounded like a POS, which really pissedme off after that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us