Too much bass in nightclub - solution please

Username: Kev100

Post Number: 1
I live near a nightclub and the bass can be heard in my apartment ans several other apartments in the area, I dont want the club to close because I go there alot and like it (and when the police are called they just get paid off), but would like a solution to stop the bass from escaping from the building.

I think at the moment their bass speakers are 300w each (they have 2).

I read somewhere that having more bass speakers at a lower volume will give the same sound inside the club, but less bass will escape outside the club (most sound goes through the roof and over the rooftops to the apartments)

Is this true, or are there other solutions (apart from turning the bass down or adding more insulation which I know will not happen).

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Kevin

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 14137

When you are hearing bass in another building away from the source you are hearing low frequencies traveling through transmission. Solid objects are transmitting the sound and no amount of insulation will significantly change the amount of bass you hear.

The club could invest in some acoustic treatments which would give better quality bass response at lower volumes but somehow I don't see most clubs thinking this is what they're after.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us