7.1 Channels can they power multi-room speakers?

Username: Breadbrian

Culver City , CA United States

Post Number: 1
Dear ecoustic gurus:

Recently my wife and I moved into a new home with pre installed ceiling speakers. Each room has a fader that controls the volume and the wires converge in the living room. I counted 6 pairs of wires. I was speaking to an audio friend of mine and he said we could potentially purchase a 7.1 channel and use each of the channels to power the separate speakers. Our needs are simple in that we want the same music in all the rooms. Do you recommend a multi channel amp? but from what i can see this far exceeds our budget. With our first baby due in February, I am looking for the cheapest way to make this possible. (need to start saving for a college fund )

Thank you everyone for your time and much needed advice!

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13566
Grab the most economical solution possibble and take care of the little ones.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13567
Ignore the built in speakers for now, buy a receiver and a pair of speakers for now from a pawn shop.
You are very soon going to be listening to a baby monitor 24/7 anyhow. so buy from a pawn shop.
Spend 50$

Trust me, when you have time for just you 2 together, you will be sleeping.

Congrats and good luck.

Username: Breadbrian

Culver City , CA United States

Post Number: 2
wise words... true true thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3088
Yes, you could use the receiver to power all the speakers. My old Pioneer receiver did "5.1 Stereo", which actually sounded surprisingly good. A newer receiver that does 7.1 would presumably be able to the same.

But Nuck is right. You're gonna be too tired to enjoy multi-room music for awhile. Been there, done that :-) Twice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us