Need some advice on receivers

Username: Soykommander

Post Number: 1
ok so here is my situation...i have lots of tunes and have an ok stereo set up but nothing i feel would really do any of my fav albums much justice.

my idea is to get my head out of the mp3 zone and get a really nice system not top of the line but a good start on having a really nice audio set up.

ive been looking at this stereo receiver since i have read some good reviews but i have yet to hear it
http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/rr2150.html
my problem is that while i really want this for vinyl i also would like the option to use it for a nice home theater.

would u kind folks point me in the right direction? i would love to find a great home theater receiver that is also a brilliant stereo receiver.

Post Number: 2
also from what ive read ive taken a look at some of the cambridge stuff of course older and used but ive liked what ive read any opinions would be appreciated

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13404
hi, you need to get your budget, wants/needs and priorities in order.
Go out and listen!

Decide on your budget first of all, because listening to gear out of your range will ust kill you.

Pay attention to your present listening space, and read up on room acoustics.

Listen to your fav music in different shops and carry it with you.

It is only money, music and you to decide.

If you are listening in a closet, then look at stuff made for nearfield listening(which can be astoundingly good) for very cheap.

Good luck.

Post Number: 3
well for a receiver or integrated amp i dont want to spend more than 800 but id be willing to hit a 1000 if it does music and theater justice.

a record player around 500 and of course the speakers 1500.

id really like to get a real nice "warm" sound since most of the music i like pretty mush would be choice on a nice set up spinning vinyl.

the nearfeild sounds like a good option since i pretty much want all my gear in kind of a small entertainment room so that could be perfect. thanks for the tips.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3027
Is there somewhere you can check out Cambridge Audio? I use a CA 540R receiver for home theatre, and sometimes for 2 channel listening. It does a fantastic job at HT, and a pretty darned good job at 2 channel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us