Lifestyle 35 subwoofer trouble (PS48) shortcircuit.

Username: Hulta

LundSweden

Post Number: 2
Hi everybody!
I have a great problem.
I hook up a Lifestyle 35 to a step-down converter @ 750W (both the console and the PS48). When I turned the power on it came i weird noise from the woofer and speakers. Then it came a little bit of smoke from the woofer. I took apart the module assy at it says on the label with part no: 256806-1319. On the big circuit board where there five places that it looked like melted clear plastic, almost like hardened glue on the round transistors and one thing was burnt that looked like a small fuse (little white component that is about 5mmX1,5mm that sits on its own on the board).
Is it possible to buy only the circuit board from bose or do I need the complete module assy with part no: 256806-1319?
Is it possible for me to get an module that is 240V instead of 120V from Bose that fits my PS48?
My step-down transformer output is 110V and it says 120V on the bass module, does this make any difference?
And at last if anyone knows what the price is for either a curcuit board, new module assy part no:256806-1319 120V / 240V or Service on the module from Bose?
Thank you very much.
Sinc. Kristoffer

Username: Hulta

LundSweden

Post Number: 4
Hi Mark!
Thank you very much for your help with this.
The prints you sent me helped me a lot.
I have taken a look at the blueprint for the PS48 Bas module.
Do you know what difference it is on the parts: 277096-631F and 289513-232F?
Do you know if it is often people replace their power supplies on these kind of models?

Thanks.
Sinc Hulta

Username: Mike_flan

Manchester England uk

Post Number: 1
hi Kristoffer
i have a Ps48 Bas module in working order which i dont need any more, the unit was dropped by my son and cracked the plastic housing but it has been tested and still works. if you would like it or any part out of the unit please message me. i dont want anything for it but you would have to sort out the postal cost. i dont like chucking things away, would sooner give it to someone whom would use it.

Mike

Username: Nando130

Post Number: 1
do you still have those parts

Username: Arizona

Post Number: 8
Hi there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group? There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you
Arizona http://www.316electrical.com/arizona-p-374.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us