Dual CS505 turntable won't auto-start

Username: Downonthestreet

Post Number: 7
Hi folks.

After quite a long period of inactivity, I find that my Dual CS505 t/t (original issue, not CS505-2, unfortunately) won't auto-start when I put the arm across to play a record.

I can hear sound when I lower the stylus on to a record and manually turn the platter.

I've taken the platter off, and the drive belt seems ok (how do you know when it needs replacing, though?). It doesn't look perished, and is still in place.

The platter goes around when I give it a push.

So, that's about as much as I can investigate at this point. Any suggestions for further troubleshooting, or deductions of what could be wrong, please?

Naturally, I'd far rather try to fix it myself if the problem is other than electric/electronic, because a t/t of this age (1982) will likely cost more to repair by a pro than it's worth...not to mention sourcing parts.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 13850

There is a Dual web page with troubleshooting tips listed in numerous threads contained in this portion of the forum. Do some looking and you're sure to find it.

Post Number: 8
Well, maybe I don't know how to use the Search facility properly, but in trying to do so I have found nothing relevant to my query.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13217
http://dual-reference.com/Troubles/troublemain.htm

Post Number: 9
Thanks for the link, Nuck.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13223
ya mon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »