NAD C515BEE vs Cambridge 540C v2

Username: Zitro

Orlando, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
Hey,

To finish off my budget hi-fi, I am looking to upgrade my rather old 1 bit cd player lol. I am a college student on a budget, however, and my price cap is $300. I have narrowed it down to these two players, the NAD C515BEE and the Cambridge 540C v2. i wanted to know if anyone had any input on these? I love my NAD integrated, but heard Cambridge also makes great players. Both have an equal price of $299.99 so that is irrelevant. Anyone own either of these? Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13027
I havn't heard the 315, JO, but I first heard the 542 cdp. and most of what I have read compares very favorably between the two.
I would try the 315Bee with the other NAD stuff before anything else for such a reasonable price.

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10381
The C515BEE has a pretty good rep and that would be my choice based on my listening.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2861
I own the 640C and it's a great CDP, but if you already own an NAD integrated, then get the NAD. Easy choice.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13031
Done.

Orlando, Florida USA

Post Number: 2
Well this seems pretty unanimous lol. Works for me; I was leaning towards the NAD from what I've heard and from the fact that I'm so impressed with my NAD integrated. Since soemone mentioned it, does matching brands of CDP/amp/preamp etc make a difference? I'm new to all this lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13036
Certainly does, especially when you work within the same time frame.
Some stuff fits into the synergy, but sometimes the componant goes awry, or 'new', but NAD is safe and predictable.

Buy

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2862
Agreed. Buy.

Pick up one for me too. Thanks.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10389
Buy

Me 3!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13041
When do you get t Jeremy?

Orlando, Florida USA

Post Number: 3
Well, I actually am not getting the new NAD. Since I am a college student and thus inherently cheap lol, I searched Ebay and found a used, but still in great shape, NAD C 520 CDP and picked it up for $61. Can't complain there; I'm sure it will be a great improvement over my 1-bit 17 year old Kenwood lol. Now I just have to wait for it to get here...all the way from Canada lol.

Platinum Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 10456
Congrats and I hope it works out for ya.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13095
Geez, I could have brought it with me 2 weeks ago, LOL!

Hope it works out, bud.

Orlando, Florida USA

Post Number: 4
Haha, thanks. I want to go to Canada! I'll let you know how the CDP turns out. I took your advice and stuck with NAD, as I found 2 other great deals, but one was a Cambridge and the other a mass-market Yamaha. I just had some Audioquest Viper interconnect given to me for free, too, which I want to test out as before I only had some cheap Wal-Mart interconnect.

Silver Member
Username: Jazzman71

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 857
Let me know if you like the Wal-Mart ICs better.

Orlando, Florida USA

Post Number: 5
Haha, I will let you know if you want them, but I have a feeling I'll keep them. My fiancée's dad gave them to me; he's huge into hifi and started building his system at 12; his first piece was a NAD 3020. His system is built around LP's though, and it sounds FANTASTIC. He doesn't listen to CD's much, but when he does he has an Arcam CD23 and man does that player sound good through those Audio Physic towers.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2703
Stu on this forum Jeremy, also has Audio Physic. Cool beans.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us