Focal 726v vs b&w 684

Username: Pekopeeus

Post Number: 1
Hello Guys,

I am moving to my new apartment and I am planning to upgrade my orb speakers to either focal or b&w. I wanna use them to watch blurays and listen to mainstream music r&b, Mariah Carey, house, trance, electro, hip hop, etc. Obviously, focal's bass is louder ( which I want ) focal's got 3 6.5" compare with b&w's 2 5" But how about the sound quality? In the mean time I will be pushing these speakers 5.1 with my old marantz SR18. I will be using ORB for my L/R surrounds. My sub will be an old Velodyne HGS12.

Focal Chorus726v, ChorusCC700v
b&w 684, htm62

I have listened to b&w 684 and I like it but lack of bass. Focals are a bit better but still lack of bass compare with klipsch. Your opinions will be greatly appreciated!

p.s I have listened to the Klipsch ICON W WF35 and all I can it is stunning in HT but the music is really just so so.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 3712
Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum.

The B&Ws have a bigger bass presentation than the Focals. Note the word presentation. For me the Focals are the better speakers because they're better balanced. The B&Ws appeal to many because they have a warmer presentation with a fatter bass, which I don't like but which many people do like. If you're finding a lack of bass with the 684, I can't begin to imagine what you're looking for in a speaker.

Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us