Budget receiver for Energy Take Classic???HELP

Username: Badprinceus

Post Number: 2
Hey guys,
I'm a rookie in this, so I would appreciate yor help on a budget receiver I should get for my Energy Take Classic speakers. So far I have considered Yamaha RX V365 or V465 and Denon AVR 1609 or AVR 1709. Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2794
For music or movies?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12907
What is the source(s)?
blu ray, do you need video switching, hdmi, etc?

Post Number: 3
I seek well ballanced combination for both,music and movies and I really don't care about HDMI or blu ray.The main source will be DVD player and my laptop. Thank's for your help.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12911
It is hard to find a new receiver without all the bells and whistles, have you seen Outlaw audio?
wwwoutlawaudio.com

Post Number: 4
I don't mind "the bells and whistles", but I have reviewed these Yamaha's and Denon's which are in my price range. Just want help on any of those models if you have see them in action. I know they have similar features, but any help would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2812
They're good movies... as Nuck mentioned, these have all the bells and whistles as far as DSP modes and sound processing.

For listening to music they will thoroughly suck.

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 2633
Check out the Onkyo line. Their new stuff has all the bells and whistles, wont cost an arm and leg, and to my ears sounds better than the Denons at least. Just my two cents.

Post Number: 5
I have read these speakers are good for both music and movies and that was the reason I got them. Probably that is the best budget HT purchase I have made. From your comments I see that if I want to listen them in full capacity I should get a solid receiver. Well I don't have PS3 or any other HDMI equipment, so one HDMI is enough. I have HDMI on my Vaio laptop so I beleive it will do the job. I don't expect perfect sound, but I don't want also to pay the price for something I won't be able to use. These are my thoughts at this point. Any reccomendations for particular model of receivers. And BIG thanks for your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us