Dali Helicon 800 in a small room

Bronze Member
Username: Wiredcon

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 42
Can Dali Helicon 800 work in a small room setting?
I've been told they need a relatively bigger room to breath and lower frequency to unfold.

My question is can they still work in a small room without loosing too much in quality, or over-powering the room?

In this case, room would be 10x12 with a bit shorter than 9ft ceiling.

Also, I want to know if they can be driven by low output tube amp. If not, what would be the recommended power source for these speakers?

My current speaker is Triangle Celius. They work great with low-powered tube amp, but I want it to be more warm/fuller sounding.

I've heard that Helicon800 can be sound great even at lower volume without loosing the details.

With my current speakers, I need to turn up the volume to the level where you wouldn't want to engage in a conversation that you know the music will get in the way.

I want to be able to enjoy music in lower volume without giving up the details and dynamics.

Username: Bagelhk

Post Number: 1
We just got Dali Helicon 800 speakers. Our room is 16 x 20 and at first we were concerned if it would be too small. However, they work great! (Sorry I cannot answer if 10 x12 would be too small.) All I can say is we were surprised that at (very) low volume we could here all details. We were even more impressed when we could here the details when we were in other rooms (of course at this time the volume is louder but not too loud.) When we had it very loud, we were pleasantly surprised to find that it was not overwhelming and still pleasant to hear. We use Luxman M600A as ampliflier. The recommended power for Dali 800 is 50-400 watts. This Luxman output equals to 120 watts and it works great. Hope this helps answer some of your questions. :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 13218
Thats a small space for floormounts, especially ones with a high power rating.

Anthony Gallo 3.1 speakers are renowned for playback at low volumes, and in small rooms.

Still a floormount, but look smaller, and play very big at low power, despite the 87db rating. It's all in the magical tweeter.
Tube friendly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us