Cable recomendation

Username: Deevak

Post Number: 2
i have an onkyo dvd player and a onkyo av reciver. since cable matching is important to achieve good sound, like to know which kable brand will be a good match. thankyou

Post Number: 3
anyone?

Post Number: 4
what are the aims of this forum. a simply question for people who understand or have been writing post for years with their experiences, cant answer this question.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 3293
Relax, Deepak. Have a little patience.

There are tons of brands out there. What sounds right to one may not sound right to another. Its not as simple as saying 'Brand X works best with brand Y.'

You haven't stated which type of cables you need - RCA, video, speaker, etc. Nor have you listed how much you need and how much you're willing to spend. Is this a music or surround set up?

I'm not the biggest fan of Onkyo in general. They do very well with movies, but music is another issue.

If you want a blind recommendation - Blue Jeans cable. They're very good and inexpensive. They sell all types of cables and are a very good company to deal with.

If you're not in the US, let us know what's available to you.

Post Number: 5
stu thanks, sorry about my impatience. just that im not able to find to the right cables to match my system. Iv tried monsters and qeds, still feel that the sound is not right. im looking for speaker cables and coxial wire. i like onkyo due to its wide sound. thankyou.

Gold Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2573
If it's an HT system, Blue Jeans cables are more than adequate.

Post Number: 6
Thanks David, I would use the system for music too.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 9865
Blues Jeans will still be quite adequate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us