Yamaha RX-n600 Shorting out or shutting off.

Username: Child_of_god

Post Number: 1
I purchased a Yamaha RX-N600 receiver 3-11-07 from a closing Tweeter store. It was problem free until the begining of this years. I started to experience the receiver shutting itself off, while the CD was playing. Yet the tuner would still operate. This problem grew to the point where the unit would turn itself off if the volume was turned up to -20db or if it ran for a given period. I have taken the unit to A&G Repairs twice and it functioned for a while then resumed the same problems. The certified service agent reported "no problem found". I now have to request extended warranty service for this unresolved problem. This is a real issue, I am concerned about the brand...is there fire related issues? I known there are others experiencing this problem; the first day I retrieved my unit, after there were no problem found, I met two people with the same problem. I trying to decide a strategy for addressing the Company. Jay.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12341
JS, what speakers are you driving with the receiver, and at what volume for your gospel music?

Post Number: 2
8ohm Sapphire SAT 1000 speakers, additionally, thissystem has been working great up until 3/31/09; and I remove everything, just having the receiver plugged into a source, and the unit still shuts itself off, almost immediately.

Post Number: 3
Good guess on the gospel music, I am 56 years of age, an never seem to need to crank the volume anymore.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12345
Those speakers are as stable a load as an amp could ask for.
The speaker runs are clean and in proper phase.

I think you got dealt a setback, my friend, at least so far.

Sorry.

Post Number: 4
Thank you for your time and consideration. I am a terrible proof reader. I received a call from Donald at Yamaha's 2nd stage customer service. He ok'd the extended warranty and they are working on my unit now. Again, thanks. Stan.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12412
Good for you, Stan.
Let us know how you do!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us