DEF TECH BP7002 speakers

Username: Mad320

Upstate NY, NY USA

Post Number: 9
I just went and Auditioned the Definitive Technology BP7006. No BP7002 in stock. I never thought i would veer away from paradigm, but that my have changed. I think the Def Tech had a overall better sound with the marantz receiver. My question is to anyone who has heard or who owns Def Tech BP7002 speakers to let me know what you think. I know alot depends on your room setup but any opinion would help. I think my mind has been changed to Def tech. Also are internet sales of Definitive Tech speakers legit or sonething to watch out for?

Unregistered guest
Micheal, which Paradigms? Def Tech speakers are dipole, no? Meaning they will throw an un-natural sound stage. The Paradigms will image better. I also think they are built, designed and engineered better. Listen to a mono recording on both speakers. Does the voice sound the same? Same tone? Same size? Or do the Def Techs make the mouth/instruments larger than life? Accuracy is always better in the long run. There are better speakers than Paradigm though. Lots of them. Smaller companies....but better products.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 475
Def Tech's are not dipolar, they are bipolar. I think they are a better match with Marantz than Paradigm's. Both are excellent IMO and I strongly disagree with the above poster about the build,design and engineering issue. Just not true. Again, both are excellent.Hard to beat the Linkwitz-Riley crossovers of the Def Techs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us