Good speakers for a shop ?

Unregistered guest
Hello all, wondering if I could get some good suggestions on this . The shop is about 5500 square foot, and I am looking for a speaker set-up that has the ability to be cranked up when I'm working late by myself . My music tastes vary a lot, but in the shop I mostly listen to electronic/techno and alternative rock . I have a Pioneer 8 ohm reciever, I think it is rated at 100 watts per channel, and two small 8 inch klh speakers. Besides recomendations on what type of speakers to get (within lets say the $$300-$400 price range,) how and where should I mount them ? I can place them on the wall anywhere in the shop . Also, the shop is all concrete / brick on the inside, so there is quite a bit of ambient noise and echoing going on . Any help is greatly appretiated .

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 870
if it is going to be in a shop, I take it there will not be a lot of critical listening? You want it nice and audible for thsoe late nights and nothing terribly expensive and easy to drive???
Go check your local music store and look into some pro DJ speakers. Let them know your budget and they can point you in the right direction.
You are going to need some pretty efficient speakers and probably sporting hornloaded drivers.
Check out Jensens/Peaveys/Cerwin-Vega, etc.
happy hunting!
cheers

Bronze Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 99
http://www.alegriaaudio.com/BJsSystem7_Rebuild.htm

Unregistered guest
Thanks for the advice , I never though of dj speakers . Going to go look for those next weekend .

Mr. V
Unregistered guest
Find some USED speakers, either through the newspaper, or at a hi fi shop, and consider them.

I use some Snell C-IVs in my garage to great effect.

Love buying used gear: let someone else eat the depreciation!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us