Question about DVD SACD and DVD-A and NAD T773 Receiver

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

Question about DVD SACD and DVD-A and NAD T773 Receiver:

I have the following system: NAD T773 with Snell speakers, and I have ordered the Pioneer 655A DVD-A and SACD DVD. I plan to connect this DVD through the analog input (EXT 7.1) channel to the receiver. Now, my understanding is that the Digital to Analog will be performed at the DVD unit and the NAD receiver will be used only as an amplifier to increase the signal noise from the DVD -- saying that, there is no option to manage the bass or use any other format from the receiver point of view. My question, first is this is true? And my second question is -- if there are receivers that connecting to the SACD and or DVD-A format DVD that capable to manage the bass and other receiver features? In my understanding, if there are receivers like that, then the analog signal receive from the DVD must be converted again to digital and at the receiver its need to be converting again to analog, and by that the analog signal quality will be reduced -- as there are twice analog to digital and digital to analog conversion? So, the best thing to do use the SACD and or DVD-A is to convert the digital signal only one time at the DVD and then use the receiver as an amplifier to send the analog to the speakers - Is that true?

Thanks, Daniel

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 392
Yes, that's true. The bass management and speaker delay (distance) settings will be done in the DVD player's set up menu.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 312
Yes, all that is true. However with some devices there's a possibility to transfer the DVD-A/SACD signal to the receiver via a digital firewire connection (aka i-link) so the quality wont degrade during the transfer. At least some higher-end Pioneer, Onkyo and Sony receivers and players have this feature.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us