Cerwin-Vega speakers

Username: Eudes

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I am thinking of bying some Cerwin-Vega speakers through the mail, as I live in Switzerland and there is no dealer around to buy them from. I know many people think they are not the most audiophile speakers around, but I have been so happy with my previous pair (and so unhappy with my subsequent Acoustic Research pair) that I want to go with CW again. They will be mainly used for listening to music. They will be hooked up on the TV/DVD player, but music is the main thing. I listen mainly to rock/hard rock/folk/rap and some electronic. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following questions :
1) I take it the Classic series is the best CW home series, is that correct ?
2) I wonder if I should get the CLSC-15 (one 15 inch woofer), or the CLSC-215 (two 15 inch woofers). I like a powerful and punchy bass sound, but I wonder if two woofers may not be a little overdoing it ? Is there any valid reason for having two woofers ? Won't it tend to "kill" the rest of the spectrum ?

Also, I although I am fairly set on CW's, I am open to suggestions as to what other speakers I should consider (albeit with a powerful bass sound), as well as on what equipement I should hook them up to.

Thanks

swampcat
Unregistered guest
I'm not familiar with brand new vega line but was very happy with old ones. I had a set from the digital series with horn tweeters(still have). and two sets of the AT series (nephew has). Happy with them all . Cerwin Vega is much better than people would lead you to believe. At least it was anyway. Cerwin Vega is now owned by stanton magnetics(another stereo manufacturer). I dont know if this will affect the vega's . Cerwin Vega had a plant in Denmark, is that still up and running? Thats closer than California USA. My AT 100's were made in Denmark. The others made in USA. You really need to listen before you buy. Unless you can return with out much cost.

swampcat
Unregistered guest
Can you listen to Klipsch anywhere in your area. Their more accurate than Vega and rock and roll. Still have horns like old Vega's. Spls ranging from 96db to 102db just like Vegas.

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 481
i would agree with everything swampcat had to say.

i've owned 2 sets of vegas myself. they are a loud
rock and roll type speaker with good bass.now i'm
certainly not going to say they are one of the
best speakers out their but for the money usually
are worth it.

and like swampcat said another speaker i would
put in the catagory of loud rock but more refined
than vega would be klipsch.

and another to add to the list would be jbl.
jbl has quite a few different catagories of their
speaker lines though some are just down right junk
while others are very well made and sound teriffic.
so you realy need to know what jbl's you might
want to consider.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us