Arcam Alpha 7 vs NAD C320BEE

Username: Barkingpig

Post Number: 1
Hi i'm in the process of assembling my first own hi-fi setup and i think i could use some advice. I hope to have a system that is as good as my brother's Rogers LS2A/NAD3020i combo, if not better! Problem is it's been a year since I listened to his setup (studying overseas) but i remember liking it much more than my dad's Tannoy Sixes/Kenwood HT not to mention my then-"high-end" computer speakers.

Well recently i bought a pair of Acoustic Energy Aegis 3 and i'm looking to pair them up with either the Alpha 7 or NAD C320BEE. Which amplifier will mimic my brother's setup better (i like the warmth and neutrality of his setup)? A local dealer offered me the alpha 7 and C320BEE for 400CAD and 500CAD respectively. I don't think I have much choices for the amp because I can't spend more than 500CAD for the amp. oh btw, the alpha 7 is used :-)

I don't think i'll have a chance to audition them with my speakers so any inputs is appreciated. thanks.

Post Number: 2
Anyone?

anonymous joe
Unregistered guest
audition them both if possible....

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 104
The C320BEE is a modern interpretation of your brother's 3020 (similar sound, more power) so you should be laughing. That amp will do warm and reasonably neutral for you. There isn't a better mega-budget amp than the BEE in my opinion.

Post Number: 3
I auditioned both the Alpha 7 and C320BEE and came to the conclusion that the Alpha 7 sounds more full-bodied and transparent. However, the bass isn't as deep as the C320BEE but i think i can live with that.
I'm pretty happy with the sound i'm getting with the Alpha 7 and AE Evo 3 (the dealer sent me the new AE Evos by mistake!!) even though im using only the computer as source. Can you guys recommend a good budget CD player that's priced around 200USD?

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 110
The best budget player I know of is the Nad C521BEE
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us