Center speaker output 'gone'!

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 50
I've got myself in a pickle, and hope you can help in any way. My surround speaker system consists of five satellites and the sub with amp and speaker terminals on the back side of the sub box (I guess common in most low/midrange home theater packages); the five sats are connected to the sub, in other words. Last night, I was changing out the speaker wire for the center channel speaker, and thought I heard a 'pop' sound. Scary!
Anyway, once I heard no sound from the center speaker, I tried the old speaker wire; still nothing. To make sure it wasn't a problem with the center speaker, I connected the speaker to the terminal for the front left channel, and it worked fine.
I'm pretty sure, then, that my problem lies within the "speaker-wire terminal" (not sure what to call it exactly), which has the red and black 'spring-load' clips/levers to hold the inserted speaker wire for each speaker in place. All the other connections work fine, and deliver sound to the fr.left, fr.right, bk.left, bk.right (sub works fine), but nothing out of the center channel.
If I'm able to remove this speaker terminal, is there something I can do to fix the problem, or something I can replace?
I appreciate any kind of response you could give me with this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us