Sound disorientation?

Anonymous

I was hoping someone could reassure me that I am not crazy. Up until 2 days ago my speakers sounded wonderful with clear highs and deep bass. For the last 2 days I've been busy upgrading the speaker wires and connectors. My main speakers were out of commission the whole time. I also was listening to music much less than normal (almost none) on my computer speakers and car stereo. I basically went cold turkey except for a bit of TV watching using the speakers from the TV.

When I finally got the wires and connectors replaced I noticed right away the speakers sounded aweful. There was one song that sounded very strange and I swear that I had never heard it before. It sounded as if the data that made up the song file itself was corrupted. I thought maybe it's just that one song, but than I listened to other songs and they all sounded horrible. I could hear crackling and every nuance in the music. I could hear things I have never heard before In some songs. overall the speakers sounded like crap. Some of the songs have a piano playing which used to sound realistic. now I could tell that it sounded fake and coming from a speaker.

I thought I must have screwed up with the connectors when I replaced the wires, but than I got the idea of connecting my old set of wires which I knew were good. It turns out those wires sounded even worse! I reconnected the new wires back up and slowly after 10 or 15 minutes the sound coming from the speakers started sounding good again. the wierd part is that I can't even find that strange song I have never heard before. This makes me beleive all of this was happening in my mind, but WHY? am I going crazy or is this normal?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 795
weird indeed! You wrote something about "data" and "corrupted", were you listening to MP3? Or some other format written onto a disc?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us