Luxman 2500RS, an elusive beast

Unregistered guest
Posted this elsewhere but i figure here is most appropriate

Bought a Luxman 2500RS the other day, 600 bucks australian, have seen it advertised for 650 euro, even 750, which is well over double what i paid. What exactly is up with all this discrepancy in cost? Anyone else got a similar unit? Comments about it, pretty happy with it so far. A few gripes, the remote is the same as that for higher models, so some of the buttons dont work, also some which are intended to do one thing, wipe radio stations from memory. Also, i hear a slight pop when my CD player changes tracks, as, when the optical connection stops pumping out sound the unit closes the connection and sez 'unlock' which is japanese weird for error maybe. The Yamaha is a zillion times more user friendly basically, but i get over it due to the sound.

Apart from that though, the sound is very sweet, much better than my old yamaha Rx-495. Also, youve got gold coated inputs in the back, 4 optical ins too. All the speakers have decent power coming out of them, and my jamo rears are really kicking out a lot more sound than they used to. The BOSE 540 something or others go very nicely now too. Anyone else got comments?

One thing, little or no info on the net about it, not even on the japanese site, anyone else dug up anything on the amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us