Do NAD T*** receivers require a break-in period?

Username: Ojophile

Toronto, ON

Post Number: 4
Hello, NAD Txxx receiver owners (where Txxx=model number). I've read online and printed reviews of certain speakers that require a "break-in" period. I was wondering whether that also holds true for NAD receivers.

Bronze Member
Username: Oknessad

Post Number: 59
It is possible that speakers COULD require a break in but only because they have moving parts which may loosen SLIGHTLY after some use. But to think that receivers, cables etc need break in is dumb. Its electrical... does a toaster need a break in period? I think others would support my view but be aware there are others that will refute me and say they do in fact require some sort of break in.

I strongly believe any perceived change in sound after break in is just a placebo effect in which the user wants to heara change for the better and so they do. Be it with cables receivers speakers what have you.

The bottom line is just enjoy the music (right from the start... not after a break in)

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 814
yes, for the first 1000 miles, then get an oil change then you can drive it hard! Just kidding!

oknessaD has a point, just enjoy your music and your NAD!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us