NAD C320Bee and Marantz CD player

Mimo
Unregistered guest
I'm looking for a new amp to replace my ancient (16 years) Onkyo. I've got a Marantz 4000 CD player and Dali 104 speakers, and I'm quite into the much praised NAD C320BEE amp. Does anyone know if Marantz and NAD go well together?

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 172
I'de try the Rega amps with the Marantz

Bronze Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 85
Nad amps go pretty-much with anything. They're naturally warm so aren't going to sound over-bright whatever you hook-up to them. Marantz kit is generally 'brighter' so if you're looking to go further down that route you'd be better steering clear of the BEE. All depends what sound you're after, reviews of the amp are only a pointer and mean nothing really because they weren't testing using your source and your speakers, in YOUR listening room. Best to listen to a few in a shop and then buy the one you THINK will work best, take it home and test it. Make sure the shop will allow you to exchange for a different amp if the results are not to your liking.

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
Yep, Sun King is right: you can put all the "Best choices" and still not get the sound you like. That's supposed to be the job of a good shop professional (They have more time to test different sets than any Audio Magazine).

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
One other thing: Everybody says NAD is warm! In my humble it "looks" like warm due to lack of detail, but it's only my opinion.
Enjoy

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
In my humble opinion...

Mimo
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the advices everyone! I guess that means I'll have to do some further research and listening...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us