Yamaha RX-v650 or RX-v640

Username: Citsathish

Tokyo, Tokyo Japan

Post Number: 4
Hi...
I am going to buy a new receiver and this is going to be my first one. I have seen Yamaha RX-640 model and now Rx-v650 is come up in the market. can any of you suggest which one i can go for. obviously the 650 model 've some extra features. Still some times older model is better than the new. Is anything like that with this model.

Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 279
Nope. The 650 is better, it has a new power supply and some new very nice features like the automatic calibration, OSD and PL2x.

Tokyo, Tokyo Japan

Post Number: 5
I'm very sure of the price details...can you please give me some approx details.

thank you.

Crathar
Unregistered guest
I have bought RX-V650 and all I can tell is that this receiver is for the money really catch. Unlikely nad753,which was my first option, yamie have clean sound without any kind of hiss(I have checked 3 nad's receivers in store and after third one with lousy hiss decided to stop wasting my time and go with something more reliable).I have paired it with front Acoustic research(with 12 inc bas driver and 300w/6 ohms) and rears-centre mission m32 and m3c2.Sound in stereo is good but I still prefer my 15 years old technics amplifier but anyway this is av-receiver, and who wants above average stereo sound should add to home cinema dedicated stereo reciver+cd player instead of buying expensive av-reciver+dvd player-it is much cheaper. My room is 5X8 meters (or aprx.15X24 feet) and this receiver powers in av mode my room without any trouble. It sounds much powerful over RX-V640 so I would advise buying newer version (and also seven chanels, DPL IIx, mic optimizer and few other neat things should support my opinion).I listen at -15dB movies at top, but at most occasions I keep it at -20dB.Since I currently use 5 speakers can't comment DPL IIx but mic optimizer is excellent and really saves time. All in all it is quite bargain for what it can offer and since fire-wire receivers is still too expensive think that for me this is at the moment the best solution.
I hope that this is useful.

Tokyo, Tokyo Japan

Post Number: 6
Hi,
i have seen japanese model Yamaha AX-750.I would like to buy this model but i have a doubt that whether this will work for all video format. becos i will take it to India after sometime. can you please give me the details regarding this.

Thank you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us