PLEASE HELP ME FIND A NON-SKIPPING PORTABLE CD PLAYER!!

Hello everyone,

I just bought an RCA portable CD player a couple of weeks ago. At first, it worked GREAT, and I LOVED it because it was light-weight, and I could easily carry it from room-to-room as I did my housework. After about ONE week, the CD's began "skipping"...especially after I played it for more than an hour. My husband and I felt it was defective and overheating, so we just took it back today and exchanged it for an AIWA CSD-FD79. We played ONE CD on it tonight and ALREADY IT BEGAN SKIPPING!!!!! :-((( At this point, I AM SO ANGRY!! I'm looking for a portable CD player that plays one CD at a time that I can move from one room to another or take with us on trips that has EXCELLENT BASS, is lightweight, easy to carry, plays CD and CD-R's and DOES NOT SKIP!! Can anyone out there help me with this? I would appreciate ANY help. Please e-mail me if possible. Thank you so much. Since I am disabled, a portable player would mean so much to me...but one that works correctly and DOES NOT skip!!

Sincerely,

Candy Hawblitz

Anonymous
You might want to try panasonic slct 470 at www.kuperelectronics.com It was recommended as the best sounding portable cd player. You know about the anti-skip function on the players, right?
I would definitely recommend good headphones as well if you listen as much as you do. The ones that come with, are not hi quality as you can imagine. Sennheizen and Akg makes good ones. There are reviews on www.hifichoice.co.uk
You can buy them at www.headphone.com

Anonymous
It might be your scratched cds. Try washing it gently with a baking soda tooth paste - use a soft cotten fabric and be careful.

assman
Unregistered guest
Iriver makes great portable CD players, they play CD's MP3's WMA and other audio types. plus the player is rechargable

danrox
Unregistered guest
If you're looking for a new or used Cd players, try http://dgadgets.freesites.ws

It's a simple but good site for gadgets shoppers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us